Financial Management Services
Financial Management Services (FMS) consists of eight primary organizations: Controller's Office, Financial Operations and Compliance, Office of the Treasurer, Procurement Services, Global Business Services, Financial Systems and Reporting, Business Strategy and Services, and Organizational Effectiveness.
- The Controller's Office leads and manages the accounting activities for the university; provides expertise in fund, investment and capital accounting, facilitates the transfer of gifts of securities and provides analysis and reporting of financial information.
- Financial Compliance and Operations promotes innovative and sound financial management, policies and practices that balance compliance and service for the university.
- The Office of the Treasurer is responsible for institutional treasury functions; providing cash, liquidity and bank relationship management; debt strategy and adminstration; and credit card merchant services.
- Procurement Services oversees the policies, processes, and systems associated with buying and paying activities at the university.
- Global Business Services partners with the community to deliver business solutions that safeguard, enable, and accelerate international programs, projects and initiatives.
- Financial Systems and Reporting is responsible for the design, delivery, and support of system and reporting solutions to enable excellence in financial management at the university.
- Business Strategy and Services drives strategic initiatives, innovation and continuous improvements that increase client enablement through effective business relationships, outreach, customer support and training.
- Organizational Effectiveness supports the alignment of people, processes and systems with business strategy through analysis, design and transformation that improve operational efficiency and innovation.
Other responsibilities include financial policy oversight, quality assurance and liaison to SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory and the Hospitals.