Financial Management Services (FMS) consists of five primary organizations: Controller's Office, Office of the Treasurer, Procurement, Global Business Services, and Financial Management Consulting & Support. FMS provides financial services and support to Stanford's distributed communities including university faculty, staff, students, parents, alumni, investors and bondholders, donors, and suppliers.
- The Controller's Office is responsible for leading and managing the financial and management accounting activities of the University.
- The Treasurer's Office is responsible for debt management, bond programs, cash management, forecasting and credit card merchant services.
- Procurement is responsible for the policies, processes, and systems associated with purchasing & payables, travel and reimbursement, and the University's Purchasing Card and Travel Card programs.
- Global Business Services partners with the Provost and Legal offices to make it easier for the Stanford community to undertake global activities in a compliant manner.
- Financial Management Consulting & Support is responsible for driving business process improvements and system initiatives, and improving customer satisfaction through effective customer support, training, online support materials, marketing and communications.
- Other responsibilities include financial policy oversight, quality assurance and liaison to SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory and the Hospitals.